Monday, June 26, 2006

MEDEBA: A New Hope

So I'm here. At Medeba. Immediately I was reminded of leadership camp. The gophers Scott Munro was so afraid of are just chillin' which is cool. The credit cards from our egg drop were still in the fireplace un-charred. It's going to be hard to try to seperate that weekend from my definition of what Medeba is. Since I've been here I have done some climbing, some belaying, some zip lining and about 500m of swimming, and that was just today. The past couple days have been full of seminars and other events that were fascinating and taught me a lot in some cases, while offering a quick refresh in other cases. I'm a little sunburnt, more than a little tired, and extremely excited for what this summer has in store. The other staff are super cool and I have connections to some of them directly, and others through friends. I had an aweXome time trying to learn how to juggle, the aweXomeness stemmed out of the level of failure I experienced. I'll try to update more as things come to mind. Oh, I don't know if I've ever eaten so much, the food here is quite possibly spiked with addictive substances. Not that I'm about to complain. Check back to read more of the MEDEBA CHRONIC(what)CLES!

No comments: