Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Searchlights (Indoor Soccer)

I like Toronto, I'm not going to lie. I do, I like it here. I like some other places a little more, like New York, or a lot of places that are tropical, but I like Toronto. Over the years I've been in and around the city I've figured out how to get around, and I've found some rather cool places, there are more I'm sure, but I've found some good ones.
I also really like the people here. A lot of people are plastic, fresh out of the mold. However for every hundred or so of them, there's someone who just sticks out in such a refreshing way. I saw someone like that yesterday, and then met another.
The first was a street musician at Finch Station. I didn't get to experience his personality, but he was unique in so many different ways. First of all he appeared to be playing something that I can only guess was a lute. It wasn't a guitar, but I can't say for certain what it was. The fact that he was a small person is more of an afterthought. I would have taken a picture if it wouldn't have been so outrageously rude.
Then I hung out with Steph Kreick for a while, and after I said goodbye I went to the subway and, though my reasoning for it escapes me now, I lay down on a bench while I waited for a train. That's when I made a new friend. I don't know his name, but we talked about music from the platform of Bayview station until I got off at Bloor. He told me about his style, and artists like Hector Fonseca. We talked about ballad's and gospel, and becoming tired with the same old sound. I told him about the Swell Season, and how over the years Relient K has grown as a band over the years. He asked me about where to find good unique music and I don't remember what I told him, all in all it was a fun conversation. You don't worry about offending someones taste when you don't know them. You speak your mind. It's great.

No comments: