Friday, June 05, 2009

I'm not thrilled with the post below... there are a few reasons for that and I'll post those here later.

-edit-

Okay now that it's been almost a week I'm finally sitting down to explain why I don't like what I wrote... I don't like the way I wrote it. A lot of the time when I'm writing it's part of processing something. A lot of it is about working through an idea, a conflict, or a point of confusion. With what I wrote below I had already processed it. I had worked through that idea in a few conversations and so I was just writing for the sake of writing.
Even in how I wrote I felt like I was coming across the wrong way. If I want to convince you of something, or argue with you about something, or whatever the case may be... a blog is a terrible place to do that. I would rather have the conversation as close as we can come to being face to face. For some people that's facebook chat, for others that could be a phone call... it doesn't really matter, just a better format than a blog.
This was never intended to be a platform for me to preach from. This is a place for my thoughts. This is a place for me to process. I don't mind people reading it, and I don't mind people responding to it, because that creates a discussion and stimulates new thoughts. My previous post doesn't really allow for that... I'll leave it there... I don't know why... it just feels wrong to remove it. And without it this post would be unnecessary.

So yeah... that's that. For now... I guess...

No comments: