Monday, May 08, 2006

A Little Bit About My Favourite Group


The Militia Group. Currently TMG is my favourite record label and I feel that this is something significant enough that it warrants mention. This label, as beautifully indie as it is, has some of my current favourite bands. Not to mention that they also distribute vinyl's by some of my favourite non-indie bands. My top bands on the label now include, Brandtson, Copeland, Lovedrug, Cartel, The Rocket Summer, The Class of 98, and The Rocket Summer. Though I can't completely forget about Denison Witmer, also a high quality performer. With alumni such as Acceptance and Rufio this label is not to be dismissed. They release quality music, by excellent bands, and are even recognized internationally. I have yet to sit down and browse their entire line up but it is a task I intend to follow through on. Oh, I can't forget to mention that the tours that they get their bands on are unbelievable. Currently The Rocket Summer are on tour with Brandtson, Daphne Loves Derby, Paramore and others.... if only I had been in Toronto for that show... if only...
*EDIT* Wow, they just keep getting better and better. I was just approved for press access to their website. That's what I'm talking about!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way to mention the rocket summer twice within the same list of bands. bravo! haha. but i agree. it is a good label from what i can tell. i had no idea copeland and the rocket summer shared a label ... how cool.