Saturday, May 06, 2006

Of Litter and Leadership

It has been stated that the Daily Joel has taken a 5 day hiatus. To this I say, "Felker, stop complaining and eat your Jell-o before the orderlies take it away." To the rest of you, my countless fans I offer this apology. I was at the Leadership Camp to end all Leadership Camps. I have to say that I was extremely impressed with everyone who was there. Every single Jr.Leader was responsive and did what they could to get in to the program to the benefit of all. The teachers were an amazing source of support and in some cases laughs. My fellow facillitators knocked one out of the park, to use a sports analogy from a game I scarcely watch and never play. I was honoured to be a part of this amazing experience and I would like to thank everyone who was there for making it what it was. Scott Munro, great reactions! Robin, fun with balloons, good times. Braeden, you ARE Marvin the Martian. Mr.Vanderwal, "You're my Vanderwal". I would also like to thank Andrew Mack. I know you weren't there, I don't know if you'll ever read this, but by leaving behind a whole stack of smile books you saved us time and effort. We were able to dismantle them and use them for our Warm and Fuzzies. Thanks for that, oh and it was nice to have a souvenir one since I was unable to visit when you were there.

No comments: